In Spring 2009, I took a class on video game design at whatever college I went to! For my group’s game concept, we came up with TCNJ RPG, the RPG where you play as a student! Unfortunately, due to a variety of factors (including, but not limited to, the lack of time, the fact that the class’s teacher proved to have a knack for getting hung up on largely irrelevant issues while ignoring things like keeping the project on schedule, and that the class was forced to use a toolkit that proved not at all suitable for complex games), the game was never finished!
That said, I did manage to compose quite a few songs for it, all of which solely use the Setzer SPC soundfont, giving them that SNES sound that is so popular nowadays. So here they are!
- Yet Another Day (Dorm Room)
- A Leisurely Stroll (Outside Travers)
- Here There Be Tex-Mex Scones (Eickhoff’s Theme)
- What Dangers Await? (Campus Map)
- Welcome to the Future (The Student Center)
- Beyond Our Control (President Gitenstien’s Theme)
- Opposition (Battle Theme)
- Wow! I won! (Victory)
- F (Game Over)