Note: this technique no longer works, thanks to an update to the “Wireless Manager” app.
I no longer use T-Mobile so I can’t test anything new! I’m keeping this post up for archival purposes, but as far as I know, the steps described won’t work.
I recently acquired a Samsung Focus S with Windows Phone 7 (the best phone OS), and I’m using with with T-Mobile prepaid because I’m a cheapskate! It works satisfactorily, though the Focus S only works on AT&T’s 3G and 4G bands, so with T-Mobile I get EDGE, a “2G” (read: slow) technology! (AT&T is just too much of a ripoff to even consider!)
Anyway, so, here’s how to get MMS working on your phone:
- Go to the Marketplace, tap “Samsung Zone”, and download “Wireless Manager”
- Once that’s installed, open the Wireless Manager app
- Go to the “apn” screen, and tap “edit apn”
- Push the “+” button at the bottom
- Fill out the data as follows: (any fields that I didn’t mention should be left at the defaults)
APN Name: MMS
Profile Category: MMS
Auth type: none
- Click the checkmark button on the toolbar
Now, try to send an MMS message…it should work! If not, make sure that “cellular data” is set to ON in the “cellular” section of settings.